Google has pushed Android 7.1.1 Developer Preview 1 update today to only three Nexus / Pixel devices. You can read our coverage of DP1 by clicking here. It has however published release timelines of future Beta update, final Android 7.1.1 release date and eligible devices list for each build.
Android 7.1 Developer Preview / Final Release timelines:
The Android 7.1 Developer Preview runs from October 19 until the final Android 7.1.1 public release to AOSP and OEMs, planned for December 2016.
Android 7.1 is an incremental maintenance release of Android Nougat. It includes the productivity, security, and performance of Android 7.0, along with a variety of optimizations and bug fixes, features, and new APIs (API level 25).
Because it’s incremental, we’re delivering Developer Preview 1 as a Beta quality release. The new APIs are already final, and in general the builds are suitable for daily use by developers and early adopters.
Here are the milestones for Android 7.1 Developer Preview.
- Preview 1 (Android 7.1.1 initial release, beta, final APIs)
- Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Pixel C
- Preview 2 (Android 7.1.1 near-final system images for final testing)
- Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player, Nexus 9, and Pixel C, General Mobile 4G (Android One)
- Final release to AOSP and OEM ecosystem
- Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nexus Player, Nexus 9, and Pixel C, General Mobile 4G (Android One), Pixel, Pixel XL
At each milestone we’ll provide updated SDK tools, system images, emulators, documentation, and API diffs.
Android 7.1 Developer Preview / Final Release OTA Images:
You can download OTA images of the Dev Preview / final release builds for Android 7.1 by clicking here. Developer Preview 1 update images are available now.