Google has already released three Preview Builds of Android N (Android Nougat) to those enrolled to the dev program to receive the Beta software. Android N brings one very interesting new feature, “Multi-Windows” or “Split-Screen” natively. In our hands-on demo and tutorial video we demo the Multi-Windows feature on a Nexus 5X and also show you “two ways” of activating the feature in Android N.
- You can read all the new features and changes Android N brings with itself by clicking here.
Android N (Android Nougat) Multi-Windows Tutorial and Demo:
- Go to App overview (Multitasking view) by tapping on the right-bottom icon
- Tap and hold any app card. Drag and Drop app to the top and you can activate the Multi-Windows feature
- Now you can tap on any other app to fit the second Window or part of the screen. It works in both Portrait and Landscape modes.
- Tap and hold on Settings icon in the Notification center and you will get a message of “System UI Tuner” getting activated
- Now go to Settings–>System UI Tuner –>Other–>Enable Split-Screen swipe up gesture
- Now you can activate Multi-Windows feature by just swiping over the “App Overview Icon” when a single app is opened.