Earlier today we reported about the Android Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 on Verizon in the USA.
Now the red carrier of USA has announced the Android Nougat update for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+. It comes with software firmware version NRD90M.G928VVRU3CQB9 for the Galaxy S6 Edge+ with Android Nougat. This update comes with a size of near about 1.3 GB which can be downloaded either over a mobile network of WiFi network.
Some key changes include new Android OS i.e. Android Nougat v7.0, improved notification view, improvements to the quick settings toggles, background update and much more.
Detailed Changelog is given below,
- This software update brings the latest Android™ Nougat OS with a fresh, simple user interface, and new ways to customize your device.
Android’s Nougat OS update is now available on your Galaxy S6 edge +
- Easier multitasking
1. Android Nougat now supports split screen, side by side viewing of any 2 apps.
2. Press the Recent App button and select the split screen view for the desired apps.
- Reply on the fly with mini-conversations within notifications and limit data access for apps in the background
1. Android Nougat supports mini conversations within your notifications, letting you reply on the fly – without opening an app.
2. When Data Saver is turned on, apps in the background won’t be able to access data.
- The new battery management page helps maximize your charge
1. The new battery management feature helps maximize your battery’s potential.
2. Easy access, customizable presets for Medium power saving mode or Maximum power saving mode.
3. App Power Monitor detects inactive apps still using the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- Make your photos great the first time with the new Effects preview screen
1. Preview all available effects and filters while taking a picture by swiping left after launching the camera app, then choose the one you like best.
2. You can get additional unique Effects by tapping Download on the top right.
- Improve your device performance whenever you need to
1. Performance Mode enhances your device experience no matter how you’re using it.
2. Choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High performance modes to optimize battery consumption and/or improve device performance whenever you need to.
- Updated keyboard and improved language predictions
1. A new keyboard engine updates language data, providing better predictions.
2. If you’d like to continue using the same languages configured prior to this software update, simply follow the on-screen instructions shown when accessing the keyboard for the first time.