OnePlus and Nokia have already released the Android Oreo beta builds for the OnePlus 3/3T and Nokia 8 smartphones respectively.
Now it’s time for Samsung also to release similar updates to it’s flagship products. The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ is now getting the Android Oreo Beta update. The company has officially announced the Android Oreo Beta program for Samsung Galaxy S8 & Galaxy S8+. The update comes with Samsung Experience version 9.0 as the devices were released with Samsung Experience version 8.0 out of the box. The update comes with a size of 1.4GB in total.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 series Android Oreo Beta program commences on 2nd November i.e. today in countries like South Korea, the U.S. and the U.K. . The updates comes with a software firmware versions G950USQU1ZQJJ, G950UOYN1ZQJJ, G950USQU1ZQJJ for the Samsung Galaxy S8 series.
Quick Panel Changes:
- Manage notifications for each supported app with Notification Categories.
- Icons will be shown at the bottom of the panel for notifications that aren’t currently visible.
Home Screen Changes:
- Touch and hold a supported app to display shortcuts to common or recommended tasks within that app.
- Notification badges on app icons and in the notification panel are now synced. Clear a notification on one, then it will clear on the other.
Samsung Keyboard Changes:
- New toolbar gives quick access to common functions.
- GIF keyboard lets you send GIFs using Samsung Keyboard.
- More high-contrast keyboards are available.
Edge Screen Changes:
- Improved font size, color, and other settings for better Edge panel visibility.
- Touch and hold the Edge panel to change its position.
- Added three more Edge lighting effects and color customization for apps.
Samsung Cloud Changes:
- View and manage photos and notes stored only in Samsung Cloud.
- Store any type of file in Samsung Cloud Drive.
- Select specific items to delete or restore from backup data.
- View the size of all your backups and see how many items they contain.
Samsung Dual Messenger:
- Install a second copy of a messaging app so you can use two accounts at the same time. For apps that verify accounts using phone numbers, you’ll need a different phone number for each account.
- Touch and hold a messaging app on the Home or Apps screen to install the second account, or go to Settings –> Advanced features –> Dual Messenger.
Find My Mobile Changes:
- Back up Secure Folder remotely in Samsung Cloud when your phone is lost.
- Samsung pass can be locked remotely.
Samsung DeX Changes:
- See more apps listed at once by changing the app list view to full-screen.
- Use Game launcher in Samsung DeX for a full-screen gaming experience.
- Added support for two additional Samsung covers (LED View Cover, Clear View Standing Cover).
- In Bluetooth, high-quality audio codecs, including AAC and Sony LDAC, are supported.
- In Video, auto-repeat and 2x speed are added.
- Voice Recorder provides smart tips to conveniently block calls while recording.
- Flag Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync emails in Email.
- A sticky notification tracks your steps in Samsung Health.
- Clock offers Landscape mode and timer sound options.
- Tap the digital clock widget to go to Clock directly.
- Manage user names and passwords in third-party apps using Samsung Pass.
- Added new unified workspace for Knox Workspace and Android for Work.