WhatsApp for iOS has been updated in the App Store. The latest app version 2.17.20 adds a cool new feature which will let users to read out and reply to messages without opening the app, seriously? Simply, ask Siri to read out the latest WhatsApp message and the assistant will read them out loud for you.
The update is said to come along with some visual improvements to the Calls tab, Contact Info and Group Info screens. Also, you can now select multiple statuses at once and forward or delete them from within the My Updates screen.
And of course, the update also adds support for Persian language.
These are other hidden features, not visible to normal users, WhatsApp is planning to enable in the coming updates, discovered by none other than @WABetaInfo itself. Here’s what to expect.
Hidden features and changes:
- Introducing Status v2.0, that allows to share text statuses.
- Experimenting Albums: you will be able to share multiple photos at once (the same Album feature introduced in Instagram recently). To create an Album, you have to share 5+ photos.
- Experimenting a new transmission protocol to share media.
- Experimenting a new Push name feature, that will replace the phone number in chats with the push name if you haven’t it in your address book. NOTE: The phone number is still visible! THIS IS NOT an username feature (yet?)..!
- Experimenting a way to understand if a message contains an emoji that it isn’t supported by your iOS version.
- Many improvements for the Live Location feature.
- You will be able to unsend messages sent within 5 minutes.
- Found a new green color reference.
We expect the features to come alive, soon!