Asus has released the Android Marshmallow update for the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML and ZE550ML at one go. The new Android Marshmallow update comes in stages. In order to get this update on your device, just go to Settings> About> System Update & here check for update.
Android 6.0 comes with new features like Google Now On Tap, smart Battery Management Doze, monthly securities patches as well.
You can now see full list of Android 6.0 Marshmallow Eligible devices and release dates By clicking here. In case you want to read about Android N new features, full detailed changelog and release dates, click here.
Full Detailed Changelog:
- Software update to Android 6.0 Mashmallow. Internal storage will decrease slightly after update, it is recommended back up data and relocate media files (pictures & vides) to SD card to reserve enough storage before starting the software update.
- Android Marshmallow won’t support APP2SD. Please move apps to internal storage before system upgrades.
- Multi-user function won’t be supported if the account is deleted. Please keep your account to continue usage.
- The apps listed below will no longer be pre-loadeded once your device has been upgraded to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
1. Omlet Chat
2. Data Transfer
3. Photo Frame
4. ASUS Backup
5. Dr. Safety
6. What’s Next
7. Party Link
8. Remote Link
9. PC Link
10. Yahoo Shopping
11. EZ Ding
15. Dr. Eye
17. Puffin Browser
19. Google Settings (Integrated in ASUS Settings)
- Add new features and new apps:
1. Google Calendar
2. Google Messenger
3. Dr. Booster
- This update will remove ASUS Email, ASUS Calendar, ASUS Messaging, and won’t be preloaded in this software version. You can use GMail, Google Calendar, Google Messenger for relevant services.