Asus is now pushing a new update to the Asus Zenfone 3. The latest update is coming to Asus Zenfone 3 with model number ZE552KL and ZE520KL.
What this update brings is Android Nougat update to the devices. The Android Nougat coming is v7.0 not the latest e.g. 7.1 or 7.1.x . The software version that comes with this is 14.2015.1701.8 for both the models of Asus Zenfone 3 e.g. ZE552KL and ZE520KL.
We suggest you to be on a good Wi-Fi network to download the update. You’ll need to have at least 1.5GB of free space to download this update to your device.
- Upgrade from Android Marshmallow to Android Nougat 7.0
- Add bundled notifications switch. (Settings > Notification > Configure notifications)
When multiple notifications for a single app are received, they can be bundled together into a single group. This group can be expanded to see the individual messages.
- Improve Touch performance
- Remove “Share Link”
- Quick Settings supports multiple pages , user can swipe left to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. User can enter edit screen by tap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling or disabling.
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” form Settings > ASUS customized settings > Touch key setting.
Add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window ” in Touch key setting.
- Ringtone & Notifications” volume bar into “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume bars on “Volume Panel” and “Sound & Vibration” Settings.
Users can apply this feature by disabling “Sync volumes” from “Settings” -> “Sound & Vibration”
- For user who use Easy mode, a Launcher app menu will show on the screen after upgrading from Android M to Android N. Please select your default launcher again.
11. For user who use Easy mode, the launcher will turn back to the default launcher after upgrade from Android M to Android N. Please turn it on from “Settings” > “Easy mode”.
- Other alternative apps:
1.If you want to share files across LAN, you can use ASUS file manager’s Network place and wireless transfer function.
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid”, “System update” and “Flashlight” from all apps menu.
- Remove ”PC Suite” (CD ROM)
- Remove ShakeShake from ZenMotion.
- The preloaded Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, and Phase Beam live wallpapers are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after system update.