Staying true to its plans, Asus has quietly launched a new Android smartphone called ASUS ZenFone 4 Max (ZC554KL). The ZenFone 4 Max is a mid-ranger device and the main MSP for the device could be the dual-camera set up at the back.
As far as the specs are concerned, they are pretty mediocre when compared to the current budget offerings, but considering the price point, they are pretty competitive against other rivals, too.
The Asus Zenfone 4 Max packs a 5.5-inch Full HD display covered with an all-metal design and 2.5D Curved Glass on top. It has been launched in two variants with different SoC set up. One is based on the Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 SoC and the other is using the Octa-core Snapdragon 430 SoC. Talking about the RAM, here Asus has been a little more generous and offers a decent 4GB RAM for smoother operations, although lighter models with 2GB are available too.
Internal Storage options include 16, 32 and 64GB with support for dedicated microSD card slot (up to 256GB). The rear camera set up on the Asus Zenfone 4 Max is a dual-camera set up with f/2.0 aperture. The primary 13MP camera with instant shutter function serves for general picture-clicking, and the second is equipped with wide angle (120°) lens, which is ideal for landscape and group photo.
You can also get that cool Bokeh effect with support from auto-focus and electronic image stabilizer (EIS) for smoother video shooting on the go. There is also a super-resolution mode, which can get you a 52 MP photo.
On the front, there is an 8-megapixel camera with selfie Flash, capable of shooting panoramas of up to 140° wide.
The smartphone packs a 5000mAh battery, promising more than 2 days of battery life with normal usage. In addition, when the situation demands you can turn the intelligent power management technology known collectively as PowerMaster which will extend the smartphone’s battery life, and even doubles as a smartphone/mobile charger.
When activated functions twice the lifetime of the battery will be able to withstand up to 500 cycles complete discharging and recharging under normal temperature (25°), with the full battery capacity will decrease two times slower than normal.
ASUS ZenFone 4 Max Full Specifications
- Display : 5.5-inch IPS, 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density), Filtering of blue light, 10-finger capacitive touch interface
- CPU: Eight-Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 | quad Qualcomm Snapdragon 425.
- RAM: Up to 4GB
- Memory: 16/32/64 GB, eMCP, (micro-SD) Support for memory cards with capacity up to 256 GB
- Google Drive: 100 GB free for 1 year.
- OS: Android 7.0, ASUS ZenUI 4
- Dimensions: 154 x 7 6.9 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 181 g.
- Main camera: 13 MP, f/2.0, 26 mm, Electronic Image Stabilization, LED flash, Phase AF with only 0.03, Video recording in Full-HD format (30 frames / sec)
- The wide-angle camera: Wide-angle lens – 120 °, Focal Length – 12 mm
- Front-camera: 8-megapixel snapshots, f/2.0, Focal Length – 24 mm, Angle – 85 °, LED flash with ambient light.
- WLAN 802.11 b / g / n
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Wi-Fi direct
- Navigation: GPS, AGPS, Glonass, BDS
- Support for two SIM-cards (in standby mode), Slot 3: for micro-SD memory cards with capacity up to 256 GB.
- Network: GSM, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, FDD-LTE, TDD-LTE
- Sensors: Fingerprint reader, accelerometer, electronic compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, light sensor
- Battery: 5000 mAh (removable), Rapid recharging other mobile devices (1 A)
Price and Release date
The Asus Zenfone 4 max has been launched in three different color options – black, gold, and pink. In the Russian market, the starting price for ASUS ZenFone 4 Max (ZC554KL) starts with 13900 Russian Ruble (approx. 16000 INR) for 2GB/16GB variant.