In an interesting refresh to its “Bing search engine” Microsoft has not only adopted a new logo but also have the made changes in design and search responses. Actually the new logo and design brings it closer to design of MS’s other ventures like Windows Phone and Windows 8 UI. What has changed,
- New logo
- Responsive design for Phones, Tablets and PCs
- Page Zero, which provides quick info about our search even before search results are displayed
- For typography, MS is standardizing on Segoe
- Focusing primarily on the orange, yellow and warmest colors of the palette.
- Much better social integration with bing social sidebar
Actually, MS may be stepping up the game here with changes which may make Bing use more enjoyable, accurate and socially connected. In tech world nothing is stationary and everyone even Google who is giant in search space now can take things for granted. As for web users like us it is a win-win to see competition pushing each other to deliver.