Blackberry released their much rumored smartphone called as Blackberry Priv. It was the first smartphone from the house of Blackberry with Android Inside as the core OS. As the name suggests, the word ‘Priv’ stands for Privacy which means Blackberry has used Android as the OS for Blackberry Priv but they haven’t compromised on the security & privacy.
Now the company has published a new report on their blogpost claiming they are the first OEM for any Android to release monthly security patches on time. Every month Google provides security & vulnerability updates to Android devices around the world.The company has published a new chart showing how other OEMs have passed days in releasing the patches to their devices & Blackberry is the first OEM to be on time while releasing the update.
Specifications of BlackBerry Priv :
- 5.4″ QHD(2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED dual-curved display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- 4-row BlackBerry slider keyboard
- Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 64-bit processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB of internal memory with expandable microSD slot
- 18MP rear camera with dual-tone Flash, OIS, PDAF
- 5MP front camera
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
- Dimensions: 147 x 77.2 x 9.4mm
- 4G LTE, WiFi Bluetooth 4.1 LE, NFC, USB 2.0 with Slimport
- 3,410 mAh battery with fast charging