At the beginning of MWC 2017, BlackBerry introduced the BlackBerry KEYone smartphone to the world. In fact it was the first device to be officially unveiled at MWC 2017. The BlackBerry KEYone is an attempt from the Canadian OEM to gain some of their trusted users. It is a device for those who are a true BlackBerry fan and wanted to have QWERTY keypad based device.
Now the BlackBerry KEYone is available for pre-orders in the European market. It is available for pre-order in Germany from German online retailer Media Markt. The pricing starts at €599 which 8s quite high considering the chipset and other specifications. The BlackBerry KEYone comes with 4.5-inch full HD (1620x1080p) display with an aspect ratio of 3:2 . It has got 3GB of RAM which is good enough. Other specifications include 32GB of internal storage with micro SD card support. It has got 2.0GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset. In terms og photography, it has got a 12MP camera with Sony IMX378 sensor which is also the same used in Google Pixel. On the front, it has an 8MP snapper.
- 4.5-inch fun HD (1620 x 1080 pixels) display with 434 PPI, 3:2 aspect ratio
- Scratch-resistant Gorilla glass protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 chipset
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video support
- 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch
- Fingerprint scanner
- Android Nougat 7.1
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm
- Weight: 180g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi,Bluetooth 4.2,NFC, USB Type-C(3.1)
- 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Price & release date:
The Blackberry KEYone comes in Black colour. It is now available for pre-order for €599 in Germany.