Samsung has already released the Android Nougat update for the Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge devices. The update has been rolling out to unlocked and carrier locked units of Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
Now the Android Nougat update comes to Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge in Canada. The update comes to carrier locked units. This update is coming to Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge on SaskTel Bell, Virgin Mobile, EastLink, Wind Mobile and Freedom Mobile. The Samsung Galaxy S7 with model number SM-G930W8 is now getting the Android Nougat firmware G930W8VLU2BQB6 while the firmware version G935W8VLU2BQB6 is being rolled out to the Galaxy S7 edge with model number SM-G935W8 in Canada. The update has a size of 1.3GB.
- OS upgrade – Android Nougat 7.0
- New UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of Notification feature
- And quick settings button
- Improved usability of Multi window
- Improved settings menu
- Improved features to Always on display (AOD) feature
- Addition of Samsung pass feature
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps
- Improved system update process