With Android O, Google has made customization of navigation bar possible. To activate this feature, you must unlock the System UI tuner by long-pressing the settings icon in your notification center. But what if you come to know that you can use this feature on Android Nougat and it has been hidden all along.
Yes, that seems to be the case and now you can enable customization of Navigation bar on your Nougat smartphone if it runs Nougat. While you can use ADB commands to do so, there is an app developed by a senior XDA dev that allows to do so easily.
How to enable customization of Navigation bar:
Download and install the app from link below and follow the instructions. Root is not required and you can use a PC with this app to enable customization. If your phone is rooted, you don’t need a PC.
Here are features and compatibility requirements of this app. It currently works with Nexus, Pixel, Sony Xperia smartphones. Also works with Lineage OS. But isn’t compatible with Samsung, LG and Huawei smartphones.
– Add custom buttons to your navigation bar
– Customizable navbar layout
– Tasker integration for contextual navbar
– Easy to setup
– No root or xposed required
– Not working on ResurrectionRemix, Beanstalk, AospExtended or anything that uses DirtyUnicorns smartbar
– Not working on Touchwiz, EMUI, LG UX
– Working on Android 7, 7.1, O preview
– Working on LinageOS
– Working on Nexus devices
– Working on Sony Xperia devices