Modders at XDA Forum have succeeded in porting an experimental Android Nougat ROM to OnePlus One to provide what they describe as “first taste of Nougat. The ROM however misses lots of Nougat features being the unofficial build of AOSP. Read on to learn what is working with this port and how to install it if you are brave enough.
Hello guys, this is an unofficial build of AOSP Nougat (with tag android-7.0.0_r1). Kernel is based on CM13’s, with some recent commits in kernel/common in AOSP. Sources and patches are available at the end of the post.
Note: this ROM is just for having the first taste of Nougat, and thus missing a lot of key features. I may not be able to update it regularly.
In case you want to know what new features and changes Android Nougat brings over Marshmallow read our detailed changelog and hands-on demo video by clicking here.
Basic hardware functionality:
Almost everything works, except video hardware encoding, which causes camcorder to fail. HW decoding works though. I didn’t find more hardware failures, but there can be more.
And remember, the proprietary firmwares and blobs are still in the age of Marshmallow, and a system won’t be complete without corresponding firmwares and blobs.
1. HW disk encryption is likely broken. I reverted some commits to make cryptfs_hw build, but I’m not sure if that works. Do not try it.
2. SELinux is permissive, and init allows service without a SELinux domain to start.
3. GPS may take longer to obtain a position fix. (yes it’s working… sorry for the misunderstanding)
4. Only Launcher2 is included. You may install a new one as you like.
5. No LiveDisplay and gestures except DT2W (DT2W can not be turned off via Settings app for now). Color calibration is possible, see FAQ below.
6. Default input method could be broken. Be ready to “pm install your_ime.apk” in adb shell.
7. com.qti.dpmserviceapp may produce continous FC. You can disable it via adb shell (“su -c pm disable com.qti.dpmserviceapp”).
So the security improvements in Nougat are not making much difference in this only-a-taste ROM. If you rely on this, it would be better to wait for official releases.
In the 3rd post. Direct link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show…04&postcount=3