WhatsApp may soon bring a new and important features to its apps. Soon, you may be able to revoke messages sent to others on WhatsApp.
The feature has been leaked in screenshots posted from the latest WhatsApp Beta on iOS. When you revoke a message, the message is deleted in the phone of recipients both in groups and in single chats.
As per the source of these screenshots, revoking messages can delete messages that are already read by the recipient. Revoking messages feature can also delete photos and videos in the phone of the recipient.
It is still a Beta feature and may not be available immediately on stable version of the apps.
Read our Full WhatsApp Coverage:
- WhatsApp for iOS updated with longer voice message and PiP mode for YouTube
- WhatsApp for iOS updated with delete message and live location sharing feature
- WhatsApp is rolling out live location sharing feature to iOS and Android platforms
- Latest WhatsApp Beta for Android gets storage usage and management feature
- Ask Siri to read your messages with latest update on WhatsApp for iOS
- WhatsApp wants to alert your contacts when you change your number
- WhatsApp APK Downloads & Changelog (Video Call supported)
- How To Join WhatsApp for Android Beta testing
- WhatsApp for Android finally gets Two-step verification in the latest update
- WhatsApp Web gets an update with new features
- WhatsApp testing Editing old messages & deleting Statuses feature
- Feature of Revoking Messages on Whatsapp leaks in screenshots
- WhatsApp extends support for BB10 OS till June 2017
- Whatsapp Beta for Android gets new media forward button with latest update
- Whatsapp Beta for Android updated with multiple account forward & frequent chats
- WhatsApp beta for Android updated with ability to call back & send voicemail
- Whatsapp Beta for iOS adds “Group invite link via QR code” feature
- WhatsApp Beta for Android & iOS updated with “quote the text” feature
- John McAfee claims to hack into WhatsApp encryption due to Google’s Android
- Video calling removed in the latest update to Whatsapp beta for Android