Android Nougat Developer Preview 5 is live for Beta testers OTA and you can read all that is new in the last Android N preview build by clicking here. Perhaps most interesting of these new DP5 changes is the Easter Egg that Google has shaped as a proper “playable game”. This Easter Egg is named Android Neko and as you can correctly guess it a Cat collection game on the lines of “Neko Atsume”. So, how to play this game if you are already on Android N Preview 5.
- Go to Settings—>About Phone–>Tap on Android Version many times to get big “N” logo, as can be seen in the first screenshot above
- Now tap and hold on this N logo unless you get a Cat Emoji popping up at the bottom
- Once the Cat Emoji is seen, go to Notification Center and add the “Android Easter Egg” from the quick-action options to Action Center
- Now when you will first add the Android Easter Egg, it will be “Empty Dish”. Tap on it and you will be presented with items that Cat can eat. Select any of them like “Fish” and Cat and wait for Cat to arrive.
- Once the Cat arrives you will see the notification and then you add the Cat to your collection. A new folder will be created for your Cat collections.
- You would be able to even share news of your newly collected Cat with your friends via sharing options. Check one of the Cats that we were able to collect.
You can read the full massive changelog including all new features and changes of all Android N Builds by clicking here.