Samsung launched their Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge devices back in February during MWC 2016 in Barcelona. The devices were made available to customers starting 10th March in different countries. The Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge come with two processor variants, one with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor another with Samsung Exynos 8890 processor.
As we all know that these devices come with bootloader locked for security reasons. But there are some techie & hard core users who want to get most out of their Android devices. Now a user on XDA Forum has managed to Root the newly launched Galaxy S7/S7 Edge devices. This method of Root is valid only for Exynos variant. Below given is the step by step guide to root your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge device.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge:
- Enable Developer options: In order to enable ‘Developer Options’ you need to go to settings & click multiple times on the ‘Build Number’
- Enable OEM Unlock: Now go to the Developer settings and click on ‘OEM Unlock’ if your device is locked.
- Download Odin: Now in order to proceed you have to download Odin software which is very necessary for Samsung devices. Download latest version of Odin from here.
- Download CF-Auto-Root file: The next step is to download all the other necessary files from Chainfire. Download CF-Auto-Root File for Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge.
- Unzip the Files: Now unzip both the files & get the required ‘tar.mD5’ file for your device.
- Reboot your device into the Download Mode: This is one of the critical processes in this tutorial. Rebooting a Samsung Galaxy device in Download mode requires to ‘Hold the Home, Power and Volume Down buttons for a few seconds’ & this will take the device into download mode.
- Connect your phone to PC: Now connect your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge device to the computer using the original data cable.
- Start Odin: Now start the Odin software in your PC. Now in the device section , it will be shown as ‘Added’
- Select the downloaded file: Now click on AP/PDA button & select the ‘tar.mD5’ file you have downloaded for your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge device.
- Start: Now just click on the ‘Start’ button given in the bottom & your device will start rooting. There will not show any progress bar but just Samsung logo. After some time, it will reboot & your Device will be Rooted.