HTC has now made its latest flagship Android smartphone HTC 10 official, after numerous leaks and rumors bared nearly everything about the smartphone already. HTC 10 will come with Two different Snapdragon processors and different RAM configurations based on the market it will be launched in. In case of US market the Snapdragon 820 variant with 4 GB RAM will be sold while India will get Snapdragon 652 variant with 3 GB RAM. Read on for all the details about specifications, features, price, release date and more
HTC 10 Specifications & Features:
- Metal uni-body design
- 145.9 x 71.9 x 3.0 – 9.0 mm
- 5.2″ screen with QHD resolution (1,440 x 2,560px)
- Super LCD 5 with a curved edge Gorilla Glass
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 820 (2.2 GHz) / Snapdragon 652 (1.8 GHz) processors
- 4 GB RAM / 3 GB RAM (Snapdragon 652 variant)
- 32 GB / 64 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card support up to 2 TB
- Optically stabilized, f/1.8 lenses on both the front and rear cameras
- New larger sensors, 12 MP UltraPixels (1.55um per pixel) rear camera. Faster laser auto-focus powering the main camera. Slow motion video ([email protected] fps). 4K video recording with Hi-Res audio
- 5 MP FFC. Wide angle lens and screen flash on the front UltraSelfie™ camera. Full HD 1080p video recording.
- Stereo, 24-bit, Hi-Res audio recording
- Re-engineered HTC BoomSound™ Hi-Fi edition speakers
- Fingerprint scanner, which unlocks in a lightning fast 0.2 seconds
- Quick charge 3.0 Rapid Charge
- Ice View case: A semi-transparent and highly versatile single front-cover case
HTC 10 UI:
HTC 10 comes with HTC Sense 8.0 UI layer that packs a new unique freestyle layout that you can see in images by clicking here.
With HTC’s specially created new Freestyle Layout, you no longer have an on-screen grid that dictates the layout. Instead you can get creative by dragging icons, stickers and widgets anywhere you like. Layer them, group them, link stickers to apps or get rid of screen icons altogether, the choice is yours.
The latest version of HTC Themes also provides you with access to thousands of professional looking themes that each come with their own icons, backgrounds and sounds so you can customize your phone based on your own personal style.
HTC 10 Release Date & Pricing:
The HTC 10 will come in two variants with different Snapdragon processors to cater for different market needs. They will both offer the same design, audio, camera and display, with a similar software experience and battery life. In the U.S., the HTC 10 will come with the Snapdragon 820 processor. In case of India, it will be Snapdragon 652 with 3 GB RAM variant.
In the U.S., HTC 10 will be available across multiple wireless providers including Verizon Wireless, Sprint and T-Mobile, which will announce colors, availability and pricing. In addition, HTC will be offering an Unlocked edition on www.HTC.com, which will be compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile networks and will be available for pre-orders beginning today, April 12, with shipping in early May. The Unlocked edition from HTC.com comes in Glacier Silver and Carbon Gray, and costs $699. It also comes with UH OH Protection, which includes one replacement at no charge within the first 12 months of ownership for a cracked screen or water damage.
HTC 10 Comparison:
You can read our HTC 10, Galaxy S7 and Xiaomi Mi5 comparison by clicking below.
Also read our comparison between Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, LG G5 & HTC 10.