Apple is now rolling-out iOS 10 for eligible iPhones. The OTA update is causing many devices to enter recovery mode and in some cases even bricking them. In case you are facing such issue with your iPhone after trying to install iOS 10, here is how to fix it.
- Update iTunes to the latest version on your computer.
- Plug your device in recovery mode into iTunes.
- It will prompt you that an error was detected with the device and it can try to update it.
- Proceed with the update process and download the entire 2.3GB IPSW file.
- When it’s done, be sure to click “Update”, not “Restore”.
- Let it run through the entire process. Don’t panic if it goes to a black screen during the process
This has been reported as working for many and fixing the issue caused by iOS 10 update.There is no data loss after updating your iPhone using above process, but you should ideally take a back-up.
You can read all that iOS 10 brings and see list of eligible devices by clicking here.
Do let us know if it worked for you.