Apple is now finally rolling out the 10th OS update to the iOS 11. We will not call the iOS 11 as the most widely and immediately installed iOS version as it comes with bugs and performance issues.
Now the company is rolling out another update to the iOS 11. The latest update is called iOS 11.2.5. The update is available for our test device with a size of 163.2MB in total. The update was initially available for download from the Apple download center but now the company has started rolling it out as OTA(Over The Air) also.
- iOS 11.2.5 includes support for HomePod and introduces the ability for Siri to read the news (US, UK and Australia only). This update also includes bug fixes and improvements.
- HomePod support – Set up and automatically transfer your Apple ID, Apple Music, Siri and Wi-Fi settings to HomePod.
- Siri News – Siri can now read the news. Just ask, “Hey Siri, read the news”. You can also ask for specific news categories including Sport, Business or Music.
- Other improvements and fixes
- Addresses an issue that could cause the Phone app to display incomplete information in the call list
- Fixes an issue that caused Mail notifications from some Exchange accounts to disappear from the Lock screen when unlocking iPhone X with Face ID
- Addresses an issue that could cause Messages conversations to temporarily be listed out of order
- Fixes an issue in CarPlay where Now Playing controls become unresponsive after multiple track changes
- Adds ability for VoiceOver to announce playback destinations and AirPod battery level