Lenovo is reluctant to push Android Nougat update on its top of the line Lenovo Zuk series, next week.
The Lenovo Zuk Z2 and Zuk Z2 Pro will be getting an update to its ZUI to v2.5 which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, since both the Zuk Z2 and Zuk Z2 Pro shipped with ZUI 2.0. The news is coming from a post by Lenovo’s VP on micro-blogging site Weibo, confirming the update.
ZUI 2.5 is reported to bring following features/improvements alongside the Android 7.0 update
- system optimization or system stability
- system security patches
- split screen experience
- fix system silent problem
- repair off screen after a period of time to open the screen, WeChat “network connection is not available” problem
- repair specific scenarios even accidental loud speaker problem
- repair the occasional system color reversal problem
- a small tool to optimize the file manager performance
We already had the official confirmation earlier in December about Zuk Z2 Pro and Z1 getting Android Nougat on January 28, but it seems the company had been working hard since and is ready enough to make it available on entire line up.