Microsoft has now released a new update to the unreleased Edge browser on iOS platform.
The new update is available for download via the Testflight app. The update brings app update version 2.6 after this update. The update size is unknown at this moment. It comes with very good and important changes to the app.
- Battery usage optimization: some of you told us that your phone heats up or otherwise consumes more battery when you use Edge. We looked under the hood and found a few optimizations. Let us know if you continue to experience high battery consumption.
- Improved left/right swiping to go back and forth between pages.
- Added support for actions and activities extensions, such as sharing sites, saving sites to Notes, adding sites to Pocket, etc.
- Fixed a bunch of other bugs!
- Note: we have some issues with desktop view that we’re working on. Thank you for your support!