Moto M has finally been launched in India here today. The smartphone launch was streamed live over at Youtube, too.
The Moto M comes in a splash-proof all-metal unibody design, with rounded corners and narrow edges just like the other Moto series of phones.
— Moto India (@Moto_IND) December 13, 2016
One thing you will quickly notice is the placement of fingerprint sensor, which is now placed at the back, instead of in the physical home button. If you listen to music every-time, Moto M comes equipped with support for Dolby ATMOS, giving you a much better listening experience on the Moto Pulse headset.
The phone comes in at two base storage options with different price tags. For the starter 32GB version, you get to pay Rs 15,999 and for the 64GB version, the company didn’t reveal the price, yet.
It will go on sale via Flipkart at 11:59PM IST on December 14.
As with the other launch day offers, so far, Citibank credit card holders can get a discount of Rs 1,000, an additional Rs 2,000 discount on exchange of an old mobile phone, and EMIs starting from as low as Rs 776 per month.
Moto M buyers will also get the Moto Pulse 2 headset for Rs 499 only.
Moto M Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) display with 2.5D curved glass and 401ppi.
- CPU: 2.2GHz MediaTek Helio P15 64-bit octa-core processor
- GPU: Mali T860MP2 GPU
- RAM:3GB/4GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- Storage: 32GB and 64GB (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, and Phase Detection Auto-focus (PDAF) support.
- 8-megapixel camera up front with a built-in Beauty mode.
- Battery: 3,050mAh battery with support for fast charging.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slots, 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz+5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, 3.5mm audio jack, USB OTG, and USB Type-C port.
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Android Nougat will soon be rolled out for the smartphone).