The newly launched Moto M from Motorola will be getting the Android Nougat update sometime soon. The news is coming in officially after Motorola launched the Moto M smartphone here in India, yesterday.
The phone is out there, and the nougat update will be out soon.
— Moto India (@Moto_IND) December 13, 2016
Earlier, Motorola also claimed to push Nougat updates on the Moto G4 and G4 plus in India, which is a relief to many of the G4 handset users.
Also, the global roll out of the Nougat update for the Moto Z series branded as Moto Z and Moto Z Force have already begun.
Moto M Specifications:
- Display: 5.5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) display with 2.5D curved glass and 401ppi.
- CPU: 2.2GHz MediaTek Helio P15 64-bit octa-core processor
- GPU: Mali T860MP2 GPU
- RAM:3GB/4GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- Storage: 32GB and 64GB (expandable up to 256GB via microSD card)
16-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, and Phase Detection Auto-focus (PDAF) support.
- 8-megapixel camera up front with a built-in Beauty mode.
- Battery: 3,050mAh battery with support for fast charging.
- Connectivity: dual-SIM card slots, 4G with VoLTE support, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz+5GHz),
- Bluetooth 4.1, 3.5mm audio jack, USB OTG, and USB Type-C port.
- OS: Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Android Nougat will soon be rolled out for the smartphone).
Moto M will go on sale via Flipkart at 11:59PM IST on December 14.
Check out our hands-on review of Android Nougat update and what is new in the Nougat update.