Verizon has exclusively got the Droid name for different phones. Currently Verizon is selling many Droid phones from Motorola.
Verizon Wireless has now pushed a new update to the Motorola Droid Turbo 2. The software version coming with this update is 25.11.10 . The Motorola Droid Turbo 2 was launched with Android Lollipop 5.1 out of the box. It was later updated to the Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 and now it comes to Android Nougat.
Changelog & new features:
1. Multi window mode:
Multitasking has never been easier, use 2 apps on screen at the same time.
- To enable Multi window mode (Portrait orientation):
- Tap the Overview (Recent Apps) button
- Press and hold the app you want to use and drag it to the top of your screen
- To use an app on the bottom screen:
- Swipe up or down through your recent apps
- Tap the app you want to use
- If you have one app open, you can also switch to multi-screen mode by Pressing and holding the Overview button, and your current app will move to the top half of the screen
2. App quick switching:
Switch between the app on screen and your most recently used app by double tapping Overview (Recent Apps). Double tap Overview again to go back to your original app.
Android allows apps to bundle multiple notifications from the same app into one notification.
If you want to perform an action on only one notification in the list, separate the bundle by dragging the bundled notification down and each notification will separate one by one, then choose the individual notification.
It’s easy to change notification settings in Android Nougat, because they’re right on the notification panel. There’s 2 ways to access available settings:
Tap and hold that app’s notification
Slide the notifications a little bit left or right, and tap the gear icon
5.Quick setting customization:
Android supports multiple pages of quick settings now.
You can add, remove, and re-order your quick settings in the notification panel.
Just drag down your notification panel from the top of your screen to see 5 quick settings. To see more, tap the arrow icon in the upper right corner or drag down the notification panel a second time.
- To customize your quick settings:
- Press and hold a quick setting icon and drag it to the desired location.
- To remove it from quick settings, drag the icon down to lighter gray box at the bottom of the edit screen.
- If you want more quick settings than will fit on the first page, swipe left on the quick settings for additional options.
6.Emojis, emojis, emojis, oh my:
Express yourself with the more than 1500 emojis in Android Nougat. Your kids might stop texting words.
7.Improved settings navigation:
There’s a new side panel for quick access to Settings, so you don’t need to hit the back key repeatedly. Just swipe left to right, anywhere in Settings.
Data Saver can help manage your data, by restricting background apps from using data. To turn on Data Saver:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Data usage.
- Tap Data Saver.
- Slide or tap On.
Even when Data saver is on, you can permit apps to use background data by tapping Unrestricted data access, and the specific app.
9. Doze mode updates:
Doze mode is no longer limited to when your phone is stationary, and optimizes your battery anytime your screen is off, even when you’re moving.