As expected, Korean giant LG has now officially unveiled the LG G6 smartphone at an event in MWC 2017. The company had already scheduled the LG G6 launch event for 26th February,the day when MWC 2017 starts.
Now of we talk about the LG G6 itself, it comes with a new 5.7-inch QHD+ display. The display used in LG G6 is IPS LCD panel. The company has introduced a new full vision display with 18:9 aspect ratio to make the display more usable. In terms of other hardware specs, the LG G6 comes with 4GB of LPDDR 4 RAM. The company has equipped LG G6 with 32GB/64GB of internal storage based on UFS 2.0 standard. It has also got a micro SD card slot for further expansion of storage. It has got a Quad-core 2.35GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset. It has dual camera setup on the back with both the sensors having 13MP units. The rear camera is equipped with Dual-tone dual LED flash and OIS 2.0 . The secondary camera of rear side has 125 degree wide angle lens. On the front, the LG G6 comes with 5MP of sensor with 100 degree wide angle.
Another very interesting feature that LG G6 brings is Android Assistant out of the box. So after the LG V20, the LG G6 is Second smartphone to come with Android Assistant preloaded in it. The LG G6 also comes with Android Nougat with company’s new LG UX 6 which has been improved for 18:9 resolution based display. The LG G6 comes with IP 68 level certification which means it is water and dust proof.
- 5.7-inch QHD+ (1440x2880p) LCD display with 18:9 aspect ratio with 564 ppi
- 2.35GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB / 64GB of internal storage with UFS 2.0
- Micro SD card support
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, OIS 2.0, secondary rear camera with 125-degree wide angle lens and 4K Video support
- 5MP front camera with 100-degree wide angle lens
- Android Nougat with LG UX 6.0
- Google Assistant
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP68 level Water & dust proof
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 163g
- 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, NFC,
- USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Price & Release date:
The LG G6 comes in Mystic white, Astro black and Ice platinum. The company hasn’t announced it’s pricing and availability details yet.
Many of you would be worried or shocked to see the Snapdragon 821 chipset in Lg G6 but that’s what was the plan of LG. Currently it is very difficult to get the Snapdragon 835 from Qualcomm as all the supplies have been already taken up by Samsung for the Galaxy S8. So it is wise to bring a device which is good looking and has great camera and other features. LG will bring another flagship when the Snapdragon 835 chipset is ready.