Oneplus has pushed a new update to their last year’s flagship device i.e. the OnePlus 2. The Oneplus 2 is now getting the Oxygen OS 3.5.5 update.
The latest update brings many new features. One of the most awaited and important feature of this update if VoLTE connectivity. Other features include redesigned UI and interface. Official Changelog is given below.
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
The update has lot to offer and looks promising.
- Clock, Calculator and Messages will be REPLACED by stock OnePlus apps if you have never updated the corresponding Google apps. But you can download these apps from Google in the Play Store even after the replacement.
- Many of the phone settings will be restored to default after upgrading to 3.5.5, for instance device name, ring tones, accent colours and status bar battery indication will all be reverted to default settings.
- After updating to 3.5.5, basic functions like WiFi connectivity, Network and Fingerprint might be affected if users flash back to 3.1.0. Users will have to use a special 3.1.0 downgrading version and flashing tool that will wipe all data from the phone. You should backup if you want to revert to older versions from 3.5.5 without losing data.