Chinese smartphone maker OnePlus chooses Summer for it’s flagship smartphone launch. Last year in June we saw the OnePlus 3 smartphone which got an update as the OnePlus 3T.
We have already seen some reports that the successor to OnePlus 3/3T will be launched as OnePlus 5 instead of a ‘4’. The company is skipping 4 here because of some superstition in East Asians countries that means death. CEO Pete Lau had already posted a confusing teaser about company’s next product. The exact model number for OnePlus 5 was also leaked in previous leaks.
So a new flagship is coming and it will be called the OnePlus 5. It is now confirmed by the company itself. The company has confirmed it exclusively with The Verge. Apart from this confirmation with The Verge, the company has also posted a teaser of a guy wearing T-shirt with ‘5’ written on it which clearly confirms the name.
The official launch is scheduled to happen sometimes this summer which is June to August timeframe.
Leaked specifications :
- 5.5-inch Quad HD display with smaller bezels
- 6GB or 8GB of RAM
- Upto 256 GB of storage variants.
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 10nm chipset
- 23MP of main camera sensor with dual tone dual LED flash, OIS, EIS and PDAF
- 16MP of camera on the front.
- Rear facing fingerprint scanner
- 7mm slim design