This is our first post about Jolla. Jolla is a company based out of Finland and founded by ex-Nokians. Its open source OS is based on Nokia’s earlier Meego / Harmattan Linux based OS, which uses swipes and gestures for UI navigation. The company has now revealed almost full specifications for its smartphone. Important details are,
- Global phone: GSM/3G/LTE works in 6 continents
- 1 GB RAM, MicroSD card support
- WLAN, BT 4.0, USB 2.0 HS
- Dual-Core CPU clocked at 1.4 GHz
- User replaceable battery of 2100 mAH and standby time of 500 hrs
- 9.9 mm thick, 141 gm etc
- 4.5 inch qHD IPS display
- 8 MP rear camera, 2 MP FFC
- Smart Cover called other half brings NFC and other capabilities.
The phone can be pre-ordered only in Finland for now. Read more at Jolla page.