Chinese OEM OnePlus unveiled the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones back in 2017. The OnePlus 3 and 3T have been the most successful smartphones for the OEM.
Now as promised the company is still providing software support to the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones as they both come from the same software branch. The new update comes in beta form as Oxygen OS Open Beta 23 or 14. The Oxygen OS Open Beta 23 is rolling out for OnePlus 3 whereas the Oxygen OS Open Beta 13 is the software version for OnePlus 3T.
The update brings some new features and changes to the camera app, some system changes, changes to phone app, gallery and weather app as well. It also comes with some minor issues that is already known to OnePlus.
- Added Shot on OnePlus watermark
- You can toggle the Shot on OnePlus watermark and add your name to all pictures taken in the main camera settings
- Redesigned lift up display UI
- Now supports displaying battery percentage
- Now supports hiding of notification content from apps locked by App locker
- There is now a toggle that allows you to block notifications from apps that are in the App lock list
- Improved stability of Parallel apps
- Adjusted color display of default screen calibration
- It now tends more towards sRGB calibration
- Added E-warranty card
- You can now find a version of your warranty card in “About phone > E-Warranty card”
- Updated Android security patch level to August
- Added quick index bar in contacts UI
- The contacts page/app now have an alphabetical bar on the right side for easy moving to certain groups of names
- Improved experience of switching incoming calls
- Improvements to suggested merges functionality
- Loading speed of images improved
- Improved location accuracy
- Improved the experience of searching cities
- New feature “Alarm calendar”
- Can be used to set an irregular alarm schedule, once you set the time, you can activate this feature by hitting the 3 dot menu button to the right of “repeat”
- Immediately following the update, you might not be able to turn on the flashlight. Please reboot the device and normal functionality will be restored.