Microsoft has released a new update for its Pix Camera app in the App Store.
Version 1.0.22 brings some improvements and a couple of cool features to the deck especially the support for the dual lens set up on the iPhone 7 Plus smartphone.
Also, when you click a picture, you can add decorative frames to jazz it up. This features applies to both still and living images.
- NEW: Add decorative frames to any image – both still and Live Images. Try our exclusive Fantastic Beasts frame!
- NEW: Support for dual lens on iPhone 7 plus, which preserves the full detail captured by the telephoto lens.
- IMPROVED: White balance adjusted slightly warmer to enhance the healthy glow of skin tones.
Here are some top features of Pix Camera app:
• Smart settings – Automatically checks scene and lighting between each shutter tap, and updates settings between each shot.
• Face recognition – People are the most important photo subjects, so when it detects a face in the shot, it automatically optimizes settings to help people look their best.
• Moment capture – Captures a burst of frames every time you tap the shutter button, including frames before and after your tap, so you won’t miss the right moment.
• Best Image(s) – Automatically selects up to 3 of the best and most unique shots from the burst, and immediately deletes the rest, so you don’t waste your phone’s storage or your time comparing and storing similar frames.
• Image quality – Uses discarded burst frames to enhance each Best Image, improving exposure and color, and reducing noise and blur.
• Live Image – Automatically creates a short, looping video, by stitching together the frames from the burst into a Live Image, but ONLY when it senses motion in your shot, so it won’t waste a ton of your phone’s memory.
• Hyperlapse – Videos shot with Microsoft Pix are automatically stabilized for smoother playback, and can be time lapsed and saved at many different speeds.
• Auto-sync – Seamlessly syncs to your camera roll, so you don’t have to individually import or save your photos and videos to your camera roll.
• Easy sharing – Uses iOS sharing, so you can seamlessly share to the apps already installed on your phone.
• Widgets and 3D Touch – Where available, 3D touch and Today and Lock screen widgets are enabled, so you can jump directly into photo capture, selfie capture, video capture or gallery.
You can update/download the app from the store below.