Reliance Jio SIM is much desirable for users because of its free voice calls and very cheap data offer. What it requires however is a 4G smartphone with VOLTE support.
In this tutorial we tell you how to get Reliance Jio SIM activated on Lumia / Windows Phone / Windows 10 Mobile devices and what works?
What works, what doesn’t:
Voice calls are not supported yet on Lumia devices with Reliance Jio SIM. You would be able to use the data however. Reliance Jio uses VOLTE feature for voice calls. Microsoft has also not activated the VOLTE feature in India on 4G capable Lumia devices. VOLTE feature is already available on some of the new Lumia devices in other markets like US.
Another issue is unavailability of Jio apps in Windows Phone store which makes it impossible to call even using the Jio Voice app.
Which Lumia devices are supported:
- Lumia 950
- Lumia 640
- Lumia 950XL
- Lumia 640 XL LTE
- Lumia 550
- Lumia 735
- Lumia 830
How to Get Jio SIM activated on Lumia / Windows Phone:
First method is simpler and you can take help of one of your friends with an Jio eligible 4G Android device.
- You may need to ask one of your friends / Relatives with an eligible Android devices to generate a bar-code using MyJio app. Keep in mind that one IMEI number is only eligible to get 1 SIM. You can check the supported full Phone list here.
- Take screenshot of the Bar-code and get it transferred to your Lumia device.
- Go to Reliance Jio Store and use the bar-code to get the SIM card.
- Get the SIM activated on your Lumia.
- Now enable 4G on your Lumia and create a new APN. Follow the steps below.
- Go to Setting–>Cellular Data>SIM Setting> Enable 4G only.
- Create a New APN.
APN – Jionet
IP Type – Ipv4
Leave other fields and save APN.
In case you don’t have a friend / relative with eligible Jio Android smartphone. Here is what you can try.
- Install Bluestacks software on your desktop PC. Click Here.
- Now download the Reliance MyJio app. Click here. This is the working version of app and newer versions won’t work.
- Install the Reliance MyJio app in the Bluestacks
- Download the IMEI changer app from here and change the IMEI of Bluestacks app
- Turn off your WiFi or Cellular Data connection on Bluestacks. Open MyJio app on BlueStacks
- Now turn the internet connection on again. You will see the option to “Get Free sim”, tap on this option.
- You will see a Bar-code. Take screenshot of Bar-code and transfer it to your Windows Phone or Lumia device
- Take the phone to Reliance Jio Store and show them the bar-code for getting the Jio SIM.
- Let them activate it for you.
- Follow the steps to enable 4G and create APN as mentioned in Method 1
- Enjoy 4G data on your Lumia / Windows Phone using Reliance Jio SIM
Our Full Reliance Jio coverage:
- Reliance Jio guides Pokemon GO to India
- 10 Points: Reliance Jio announces Happy New Year Offer, Welcome Offer extended till 31st March 2017
- Reliance begins Home Delivery of Jio SIM Cards. All Details Inside
- LYF Wind 7i with 5-inch HD display, 1GB RAM & Snapdragon 210 launched for Rs.4999
- Jio to launch 4G VoLTE feature phone with unlimited voice, video calling for a starting price ofRs.100
- Reliance Jio SIM on Lumia / Windows Phone: How To activate & What works?
- How To get Reliance Jio 4G Sim Card? Prepaid & Postpaid Plans. Supported 4G Phones list
- Reliance Jio 4G launched. Get SIM Card, 4G Plans, Welcome & other Offers, Supported Phones & More
- Reliance Jio: Unlimited at Night timings, Number porting & all other FAQs answered
- How to contact Reliance Jio Customer Care via Phone, Twitter or Email
- LYF Wind 2 with 6-inch HD display, 2GB & 4G VoLTE launched for Rs. 8299
- LYF Wind 5 with 5-inch HD display & 4G VoLTE launched for Rs 6599
- Users signed up for Jio getting offer invites