Mukesh Ambani, Chairman Reliance Industries, today announced free voice, data and video for new and existing Jio customers till 31st March 2017, under a new offer which is being named as the “Happy New Year Offer.”
Here are some of the key points from his announcement made in his special broadcast on the YouTube channel
- Starting December 4, 2016, Free jio offer extended till March 31, 2017. Every new Jio user will get Jio’s Data, Voice, Video and the full bouquet of Jio applications free till March 31, 2017. All existing customers will also be covered under new Jio happy new year offer.
- Jio now fully supports Mobile Numer Portability (MNP). All customers can retain their existing number when they migrate to Jio. This is being progressively launched across India through MyJio and will be available in top 100 cities by December 31, 2016.
- Starting December 5, Jio Money Merchant Solution will be launched. Digital transactions of all types for small shopkeepers and customers will be supported with this services. Customers can pay from bank accounts. Jio targets 10 million shopkeepers spread across 17000 town and 4 lakh villages in next few weeks.
- In the last 3 months, nearly 900 crore voice calls from Jio to the networks of our 3 largest competitors were blocked.
- Jio has grown faster than Facebook and WhatsApp. Thanks for making India into the list of top 10 digital country in the world.
- Jio has signed-up over 6 lakh customers every single day for the past 3 months.
- In 83 days, Jio has added 50 million customers on its 4G LTE all-IP wireless broadband network.
- On average, a Jio customer is using 25 times more data than the average Indian broadband user.
- Over the past months, the call block rate has come down from over 90% to nearly 20% as of yesterday.
- 80% of Jio users consume less than 1 GB of data daily. 1 GB per day is 30 times the average usage on other networks.
- Under Jio Happy New Year Offer, customers will get 30 times the average usage on other networks FREE till 31 March 2017.
- JioMoney is expanding its reach to millions of touch points where micro-ATMs will be deployed.
For our complete coverage on Reliance Jio including tutorials, visit this page here
What do you think of this move taken by the Reliance Industry? Do let us know in the comments below.