Yesterday it was US based cellular network provider AT&T which pushed the Android Nougat update to Samsung’s Galaxy Note 5 with some improved features and new OS.
Now it’s Red carrier Verizon in the US which is rolling out the Android Nougat update for Galaxy Note 5. The Android Nougat update coming to Galaxy Note 5 has Android version 7.0, not any 7.1.x . The software version published on Verizon’s website is NRD90M.N920VVRU3CQB9. The update has a size of 1.3GB in total. It is suggested to be on a strong WiFi network to download this update in order to avoid any extra data charges.
- Android’s Nougat OS update is now available on your Galaxy Note 5.
- Get more done with the most advanced S Pen – The new AIR command lets you create GIFs and get instant translation simply by putting your pen on the text. Write and send text messages, crop photos and take screen grabs too.
- Edit and mark up PDFs with the S Pen – Write on PDF uses the S Pen for convenient annotations for notes, drawings, even signing documents.
- The new battery management page helps maximize your charge
1. The new battery management feature helps maximize your battery’s potential.
2. Easy access, customizable presets for Medium power saving mode or Maximum power saving mode.
3. App Power Monitor detects inactive apps still using the battery, and puts them to sleep, extending your battery charge.
- Easier multitasking
1. Android Nougat now supports split screen, side by side viewing of any 2 apps.
2. Press the Recent App button and select the split screen view for the desired apps.
- Make your photos great the first time with the new Effects preview screen
1. Preview all available effects and filters while taking a picture by swiping left after launching the camera app, then choose the one you like best.
2. You can get additional unique Effects by tapping Download on the top right.
- Improve your device performance whenever you need to
1. Performance Mode enhances your device experience no matter how you’re using it.
2. Choose from Optimized, Game, Entertainment, and High performance modes to optimize battery consumption and/or improve device performance whenever you need to.
- Updated keyboard and improved language predictions
1. A new keyboard engine updates language data, providing better predictions.
2. If you’d like to continue using the same languages configured prior to this software update, simply follow the on-screen instructions shown when accessing the keyboard for the first time.
- Reply on the fly with mini-conversations within notifications and limit data access for apps in the background
1. Android Nougat supports mini conversations within your notifications which let you reply on the fly – without opening an app.
2. When Data Saver is turned on, apps in the background won’t be able to access data.