Samsung Galaxy Note 7, the next phablet from Samsung is now official at the ‘Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2016’ event in New York. The device is bold as well as beautiful with it’s slim design and curved display covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which has just been introduced few weeks back.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has a 5.7-inch Quad HD display which is Super AMOLED. It has a display resolution of 2560×1440 pixels which makes it to 518 PPI that is great. On the top we get Corning’s latest Gorilla Glass 5. The display comes with ‘Always On Display’ feature which was introduced back with the Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes with 4GB of RAM & 64 GB of internal storage. The storage can be expanded using a Micro SD card upto 256GB. There is 12P camera with Dual pixels, PDAF & Smart OIS. The company’s Vice president of product strategy said that the camera used in the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is same that has been used in the Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge. On the front, we get a 5MP selfie shooter. It is a dust & water resistant device with IP68 protection standards. It is having Heart rate sensor which is proven to be very helpful since the Samsung Galaxy S5. For the security of your device data stored in it, the device comes with Fingerprint sensor and Iris scanner.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes with many features like new S Pen, new S Pen commands and actions, new accessories like power pack & view cover etc. There is a whole new color variant called ‘Blue Core’ which looks outstanding & pleasant. The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is the first device from Samsung to get the USB Type-C connectivity. It comes with wireless charging which is very fast. It has ability to accept S Pen commands on the lock screen. You can just writ any text using the pen & the text/not will always be visible on the ‘Always On display’.
- New S Pen with more functionality
- Accessories like power packs, View cover, stands etc.
- New ‘Blue Core’ variant
- USB Type-C
- Always On Display
- Iris scanner for advanced security
- Secure folder to secure apps & other contents.(Opens with iris scanner)
- Dual curved Edge display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Narrow bezels
- 5.7-inch QHD (2560×1440p) Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with 518 PPI
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Exynos 8890/Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage with micro SD card support upto 256GB
- Water and dust resistance as per IP 68 standards
- New S Pen stylus
- Android Marshmallow
- Dimensions: 153.5 x 73.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 169g
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC
- USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging
- Wireless charging with fast charging support
Pricing & Availability:
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 comes in Gold Platinum, Silver Titanium, Black Onyx and the new Blue Coral color variants. The smartphone will be available for purchase starting August 19th in many countries. The device will available for pre-order in upcoming days.