After many leaks & rumors, the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is now official. Each year Samsung releases an ‘Active’ version of their flagship S series of devices. This started happening since the days of Samsung Galaxy S4. Active version is nothing but just rugged version of the original Galaxy S series with some changes in the specs.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active is having similar 5.1-inch QHD Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass support. It is having 4GB of RAM & 32GB of internal storage which can be expanded via a Micro SD card. The device is powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. There is 12MP rear camera & 5MP camera on the front. The Samsung Galaxy S7 Active runs Android Marshmallow based on Samsung’s TouchWiz UI on the top of Android.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S7 Active:
- 5.1-inch Quad HD(2560×144p) Super AMOLED display with Gorilla Glass 4
- Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal with expandable via microSD
- Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front camera
- Dimensions: 148.8 x 75.0 x 9.9mm
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, USB 2.0, NFC
- 4000mAh battery
Pricing & Availability:
The Samsung Galaxy S7 active comes in Sandy Gold, Camo Green and Titanium Gray colors in USA. This device is exclusive to AT&T like the previous model. it is having a fully rugged body with water resistant certification. it will be available starting 11th June from AT&T for $795.