As expected, Samsung Electronics has now officially unveiled the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active smartphone in the US. The Galaxy S8 Active from Samsung is a successor to last year’s Galaxy S7 Active smartphone.
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is a rugged smartphone from the company with IP68 and MIL-STD-810G level protection against dust and water. Coming to the specifications, the smartphone comes with a big 5.8-inch QHD+ (2960x1440p) display on the front. The display panel used in Galaxy S8 Active is Samsung’s own Super AMOLED one. It is covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on the top. Coming to the RAM and storage combination, the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is equipped with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage based on UFS 2.1 standard. Qualcomm’s 10nm based Snapdragon 835 is the chipset powering the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active.
In the camera department, it is similar like the Galaxy S8 series. On the back side, it has got 12MP of main camera with dual pixel Auto focus, f/1.7 aperture and OIS. On the front, it comes with an 8MP sensor with f/1.7 aperture.
- 5.8-inch QHD+ (18:5:9) display with a resolution of 2960x1440p
- 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB of internal storage based on UFS 2.1
- MicroSD card support of upto 256GB
- 2.45GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 mobile platform
- 12MP of main camera(f/1.7) with dual pixel auto focus, OIS, 4K and LED flash
- 8MP of front camera with dual pixel auto focus and f/1.7 aperture
- Android Nougat
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS
- USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery
- Colors: Meteor Grey, Titanium Gold
Price & release date:
The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active comes in Meteor Gray and Titanium Gold colors. You can get it from US based carrier at a contract of $28.34 for 30 months starting 11th August.