Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ were introduced on 29th March 2017. Both the devices were launched with Android Nougat out of the box.
Now the company is pushing an OTA update to the Galaxy S8. The update is being rolled out to the US based Galaxy S8 smartphones. It brings firmware versions G955USQU1AQD9 / G955UOYN1AQD9 / G955USQU1AQD9 to the Galaxy S8. There are some good changes to the device. The OTA update weighs around 392 MB in size.
It brings some performance improvements like improvements to face recognition, UI changes to the camera app and improved security.
- Improved performance for face recognition.
- The camera’s UI has been adjusted.
- The security of the device has been improved.
- Device stability improvement and bug fixes.
- New and enhanced features.
- Further improvements to performance.
The update is being rolled out as OTA. So you don’t need to panic. Just wait for your Galaxy S8 smartphone to show the update dialogue in notification bar or on the main screen and download it. As usual, we will suggest our readers to be on a strong WiFi network to download this update.