As expected, Samsung has now officially introduced it’s latest flagship smartphone for 2017. The new flagship from Samsung is dubbed as Samsung Galaxy S8. It is company’s attempt to gain more customers and trust of old customers because the company has already got some bad name just because of battery fiasco of Galaxy Note 7.
With the Galaxy S8, Samsung has gone very differently. They have tried a new approach to the smartphone design. Nowadays everyone wants a bigger phone but with slimmer design profile. So Samsung went with what it calls Infinity display in the Galaxy S8 which as a unique aspect ratio of 18:5:9 . With this aspect ratio, Samsung leaves even LG behind for it’s just 18:9 aspect ratio based display.
In the designing of Samsung Galaxy S8, the company tried to overcome the mistakes of Galaxy Note 7. The Galaxy S8 brings the curve on the back side. It has also got curved display panel on the front. One most important thing to mention here is absence of plain (Non-curved) display withthe Galaxy S8. With the Galaxy S8, the company wants you to either have the ‘Edge’ or just don’t have it.
Another major change coming with Galaxy S8 is the navigation buttons. In Samsung Galaxy S8, the company has opted for software navigation buttons which are inconspicuous when you don’t need them. The buttons are software and have got a new quite unique and stylish design. These software buttons also provide haptic feedback when you press them.Fingerprint scanner has also been shifted to the back. It is located on the back and is just adjacent to the camera module.
With Samsung Galaxy S8, the company has also introduced a new personal virtual assistant like some other OEMs and is called Bixby. Samsung claims Bixby to be most powerful currently. Samsung claims that it’s not just another personal assistant, but It learns from your habits and responds accordingly.
In terms of basic specifications, the Samsung Galaxy S8 comes with 5.8-inch QHD (2960x1440p ) Super AMOLED display. The display of Samsung Galaxy S8 has a new aspect ratio of 18:5:9 . There is a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the top of Galaxy S8. The smartphone comes with same 4GB of RAM in it. It has got a basic storage of 64GB which is based on UFS 2.1 . Storage can be further expanded using a microSD card. The Samsung Galaxy S8 is powered by any of the two new 10NM based Octa-core chipsets i.e the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 or Samsung Exynos 8895 depending upon the region. In the camera department, the smartphone gets same 12MP camers sensor with Dual pixel tech, f/1.7 aperture and OIS. On the front, it has got an 8MP sensor. It has got water and dust resistant with IP 68 rating.
- 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity (18:5:9) curved display with 570ppi
- CorningGorilla Glass 5 protection
- 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB of storage basrd on UFS 2.1
- Micro SD card slot
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor
- Adreno 540 GPU(SD 835) / Mali-G71 MP20 GPU (Exynos 8895)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS & 1.4µm pixel size
- 8MP front camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1.22µm pixel size
- IP 68 level Water and dust resistant
- Single sim and Hybrid Dual sim variants
- Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- Sensors – Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor,
- Iris Scanner
- Fingerprint scanner
- Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions: 148.9×68.1x8mm
- Weight: 152g
- Android Nougat 7.0
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v 5.0, GPS with GLONASS, NFC, MST
- USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
What’s in the box:
- HandsetEarphones tuned by AKG
- USB Type-C Cable
- Travel Adapter
- USB Connector (C to A)
- MicroUSB Connector (C to B)
- Ejection Pin
- Ear Tips
- Quick Start Guide & Smart Switch Leaflet
Price & release date:
The Samsung Galaxy S8 comes in Orchid Grey, Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Arctic Silver, and Maple Gold colours. It is priced at $750 in the US whichmay vary in different regions. The smartphone will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow i.e 30th March and will be available from 21st April