Samsung has now released a new update to the Samsung Gear S3 Classic and Frontier. The last time we received any update to the Gear S3 was recently in March and to be precise, it was 8th March.
Now another update is hitting to the Gear S3 Classic and Frontier. Samsung Gear S3 Classic is getting firmware version R770XXU2BQC5 and for the Gear S3 Frontier, it is R770XXU2BQC5. This update brings some pretty interesting new features and improvements to both the devices.
The update has a size of 129MB approximately which can be downloaded easily on Mobile network but WiFi shall be preferred. Detailed Changelog is given below,
- Watch face – You can now add new date and music complications to selected watch faces
- Alti-Barometer – An altitude auto refresh feature has been added
- Samsung health – Customisable pace-coaching feature and HR zone information for running has been added
- S voice – You can now set a date and time when creating a reminder
- New briefing – with the improved UI, you can read the news more conveniently via the widget.
- Settings – A TTS option has been added to the input menu(Additional languages are available for download)
- Find my device – A new feature to display your contact information on your Gear if it gets lost has been added
- Accessibility – New feature has been added to direct access menu including screen reader, accessibility, dark screen, greyscale and navigate colours
- iOS support – UX improvements and bug fixes (S Voice recognition rate, connection stability and music transfer from PC)
- Samsung Gear – An auto switch feature has been added that supports Gear S3, S2 and Fit 2, Which automatically connects the Gear device being worn to the paired smartphone
- Stopwatch – Max time increase ld to 3 hours
- Samsung internet for Gear – Browse internet with your Gear (Facebook, Instagram and YouTube)
- New partner apps are available for download in the Galaxyapo store i.e. Spotify and BMW Connected