The Mi 5x is focussed mainly on the dual-rear camera capabilities while as the internals have not seen any major upgrade compared to Redmi Note 4/4x. The Mi 5X is fueled by the high performant, battery-efficient 64-bit Octa-core Snapdragon 625 SoC, based on 14nm FinFET technology. Mi 5X has lightning fast 4GB RAM and huge 64GB in-built storage for app, data and media storage.
There is a 5.5-inch Full-HD 1080p display wrapped with a much fresher looking all-metal unibody rounded design (rounded edges). This time around the antenna lines are discrete with a matte texture and the phone is pretty sleek at a thickness of 7.3mm. The phone measures
155.4x75.8x7.3mm, weighs 165g and battery is kept at 3080mAh. Xiaomi has opted for a USB Type-C port this time around for charging purpose. (5V / 2A)
The fingerprint sensor sits at the rear just under the dual camera setup, and the full metal body doesn’t invite any smudges, thanks to Anti-fingerprint coating.
Mi 5X also has Dual Camera OV 12MP Wide Angle + OV 12MP telephoto lens which provides a DSLR-style background blur for an ultimate portrait experience.
Here are some sample shots of Mi 5X
In addition, Xiaomi seems to have worked on the audio quality of the smartphone, and which is why Mi 5X is equipped with high-quality audio. The DHS Audio Calibration Algorithm improves the headphone/speaker output while as the Standalone audio amplifier captures the true potential of the hardware.
Mi 5X is also the first smartphone from Xiaomi to run Android Nougat based MIUI 9 out of the box.
Xiaomi Mi 5X Full Specifications
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 eight-core processor, (2.0GHz, 14nm process technology, high-performance, low-power Adreno 506).
- RAM + ROM: 4GB + 64GB (support microSD up to 128GB (VFAT format)).
- Size: 155.4 mm x 75.8 mm x 7.3 mm
- OS: Android Nougat 7.1, MIUI 9
- Weight: 165 g
- Battery: 3080mAh (typ), 5V / 2A charging, USB Type-C double-sided charging interface.
- Main camera: 12MP, 1.25μm, equivalent focal length 26mm, 5-chip lens, f/2.2 aperture, two-color warm flash. 4K video capture, 30 fps , 1080p video capture, 30 fps, 720p video capture, 30 fps, slow motion video 120 fps (720p).
- Telephoto camera: 12MP 1.0 μm, equivalent focal length 50mm, portrait lens, 5-piece lens, f/2.6 aperture, support PDAF phase focus, dark light enhancement technology, high dynamic range adjustment technology, panorama mode, continuous shooting mode, facial recognition function,
- Front camera: 5MP, third generation 36 intelligent beauty, self-timer real-time beauty, 1080p video call real-time beauty, countdown self-timer, facial recognition function, magic mirror function.
- Display: 5.5 inch (diagonal) LTPS FHD display, 450nit brightness, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 403 PPI, 1000: 1 contrast ratio.
- Network: Card slot – Dual Nano, three-select two-card slot, support Micro-SD expansion memory card.
- Wireless network: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, support 2.4G WIFI / support 5G WIFI / support WIFI Direct / support WIFI Display, Bluetooth 4.2
- Navigation and positioning: GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, Beidou positioning.
- Sensors: Infrared, Gyro, Acceleration sensor, distance sensor, Ambient light sensor, Hall sensor, Electronic compass.
- What’s in the box: Phone / Power Adapter / USB Type-C Data Cable / Three Guarantees / Getting Started Guide / Sim ejector tool.
Price and Release Date
Mi 5X will be available in China and is priced at RMB 1499 (Rs ~15000) for the 4GB+64GB variant.
Color options include – Black, Gold, and Pink.