After many beta testing and development ROMs, Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has now finally released the Android Nougat update for it’s 2016 flagship Mi 5.
The Android Nougat update coming to Xiaomi Mi 5 brings some much needed changes to the system. It brings MIUI 8.2 to the Xiaomi Mi5. The Android Nougat update coming to Mi 5 brings firmware version MIUI 184.108.40.206.NAAMIEB.
The update has been released as OTA. So it could take some time to reach out to every Mi 5 around the world. It is also worth mentioning that the update is headed to the Global units of Mi 5 only, not the China ones. But if the update isn’t live to your Mi 5, you can still download the update package and install it manually.
Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar :-
- New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications (11-18)
- New – UI adjustments for toggles(12-15)
- New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade (12-15)
- Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout (11-15)
- Optimization – Changed icons for USB charging and switching keyboards (12-01)
- Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode (12-13)
- Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications (10-25)
- Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time (11-07)
- Fix – Notification shade issues(11-15)
- Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes (11-15)
- Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe (11-29)
- Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes (12-06)
- New – Home screen settings added to the Settings (11-22)
- Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds (10-11)
- Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher (11-14)
- New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play (11-02)