We have seen many leaks & rumors about the 2016 flagship from Xiaomi. Now the smartphone is made official as Xiaomi Mi 5 smartphone. It was already confirmed by the Vice-President of Xiaomi Mr. Hugo Barra,that the Mi 5 will be having Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor. Some real life images of Xiaomi Mi5 were also leaked on the web.
Now the company has made it official. It has a 5.15″ 1080P display on the front but we were expecting it to have a Quad HD display with curved glass. Other hardware include a 3GB/4GB of RAM options with 32/128GB of internal storage. It’s good to see the storage options. The Xiaomi Mi 5 is getting power from Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor. In the camera department, the Xiaomi Mi 5 is well equipped with 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 4-axis OIS as well as 4K video recording support. On the front, the Xiaomi Mi 5 is having a 4MP camera with 2um pixel size overall. The Xiaomi Mi5 is having 3000 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick-Charge 3.0 technology that lets it charge very fast.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5 :
- 5.15″ Full HD(1920×1080 pixels) display with curved glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor
- 3GB RAM / 32GB internal storage, 4GB RAM / 128GB internal storage
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 4MP front camera with 2um pixel size
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25 mm
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi , Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Pricing & Availability:
The Xiaomi Mi 5 is released in Black, White, Gold and Rose color variants in the home ground for now. The pricing for base 3GB/32GB variant starts at CNY 1999( US$ 306) & for the 4GB/128GB variant pricing is CNY 2699(US$ 413). The Xiaomi Mi5 will be on sale in China starting of March 1st which is same as Xiaomi Mi 4S.
Read our comparisons involving Xiaomi Mi 5: