Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi ha snow officially launched a new smartphone globally at an event in India. The company had partnered with Google for this phone. The Xiaomi Mi A1 is a new smartphone from the company that comes under Google’s Android One smartphone category. It is the first smartphone form Mi to come without MIUI layer.
In terms of specifications, the Xiaomi Mi A1 comes with 5.5-inch full HD (1920x1080p) display which uses an IPS panel. The display is also protected with Corning Gorilla Glass on the front. Other internals of Xiaomi Mi A1 include 4 GB of DDR4 RAM and 64 GB of internal storage based on emmc 5.0 tech. Powering the device is an Octa-Core and most trusted Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 SoC. The Snapdragon 625 is a chipset from Qualcomm that is based on 14nm FinFet architecture.
Coming to the camera department, the Xiaomi Mi A1 is nothing but Xiaomi Mi 5x with a dual camera setup on the back. It comes with 12MP(wide angle, f/2.2 aperture and 1.25μm pixel size) + 12MP(telephoto, f/2.6 and 1.0μm pixel size) dual sensors on the back. It comes with 5MP sensor on the front.
Fingerprint scanner and IR blaster are also present in the Xiaomi Mi A1. The Mi A1 smartphone from Xiaomi is first to come with stock Android based on Android Nougat 7.1.2. The company has confirmed that the OS part will be managed by Google itself as it is part of Android One family.
The device comes with Android Nougat and will be updated to Android Oreo before the end of 2017. Google has also confirmed that it will also be one of the first devices to get Android P whenever available.
- 5.5-inch full HD (1920x1080p) display with 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 4 GB of DDR4 RAM
- 64 GB of internal storage based on emmc 5.0
- Micro SD card slot
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 12MP(wide-angle,1.25μm pixel size & f/2.2 aperture) + 12MP ( telephoto, 1.0 μm pixel size & f/2.6 aperture) with Dual-Tone LED flash and PDAF
- 5MP front camera
- Android Nougat 7.1.2, upgradable to Android Or and also Android P
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 155.4×75.8×7.3mm
- Weight: 165g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
Price & release date:
The Xiaomi Mi A1 comes in Gold, Rose Gold and Black colors. The device is priced in India for ₹14999 and will be available for purchase from September 12th from Flipkart and mi.com .