As expected and scheduled, Chinese manufacturer Xiaomi has now officially introduced it’s flagship smartphone for 2017 in India. The company has unveiled the Mi Mix 2 smartphone in India which is a successor to last year’s Mi Mix.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 comes with huge 5.99-inch display that brings an aspect ratio of 18:9. The display in Mi Mix 2 has a resolution of full HD+ (2160x1080p) on the front. The second generation of Mi Mix is designed in a way that it brings 12% lesser chin when compared with the previous gen. The device is made of ceramic and used piezoelectric acoustic system instead of regular earpiece. This technology allows you to listen to calls without earpiece. The device comes with 6GB of basic RAM which is LPDDR4x and is blazing fast. Coming to the storage, India gets 128GB of storage as standard which is based on UFS 2.1 . Powering the device is an Octa-Core 10nm based Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC.
In the camera department, the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 gets a 12MP camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 1.25μm pixel size. The camera is coupled with Dual-Tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS and support for 4K video. On the front, it comes with 5MP sensor.
- 5.99-inch full HD+ (2160×1080 pixels) 18:9 display
- 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM,
- 128GB of internal storage based on UFS 2.1
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- 12MP of main camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS & support for 4K video. Sony IMX386 sensor
- 5MP front camera
- Android Nougat 7.1.1 with MIUI 9
- Dual sim
- Fcial recognition, Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm
- Weight: 185g
- 4G LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC
- USB Type-C
- 3400mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Price & release date:
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 comes in Black color with ceramic body and aluminium alloy corners. The smartphone is priced in India at ₹35999. The company is holding a preview sale on the Dhanteras day in India i.e. 17th October on Mi.com and Flipkart. Broader availability will start from first week of November. With the Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi has also introduced a new 0% interest on EMI scheme to lure more customers.