Xiaomi has confirmed that it will be releasing Xiaomi Mi 5 on Thursday in India. Xiaomi promised during the Redmi Note 3 launch earlier this month that it will be launching the Mi5 within a month and Xiaomi has kept its promise indeed.
The company first launched Mi5 in China and it was released in 3 variants,
- Standard Edition having 3GB of LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB inbuilt storage priced at CNY 1,999 (approximately Rs. 21,000).
- Prime version having 3GB LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB storage priced at CNY 2,299 (approximately Rs. 24,000).
- pro version featuring 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 128GB storage priced at CNY 2,699 (approximately Rs. 28,000).
It is still unclear whether the company will be launching all the 3 variants in India or not. Xiaomi’s Global VP Hugo Barra revealed that the company received a massive 16 million registrations for the Mi 5, which went on sale in China. India will be the first company to sell Xiaomi’s flagship outside China.
Here are the specifications of Xiaomi Mi5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 16-megapixel Sony IMX298 camera sensor with PDAF (phase detection autofocus) and LED flash
- Bluetooth 4.2
- 4-axis OIS
- 4 Ultrapixel front camera, with 2-micron pixel
- USB Type-C
- Quick Charge 3.0
Will you be buying Mi5? Shout out in comments.