President & Co-founder of Xiaomi, Mr. Bin Lin was in an interview session with Economic times where he talked about company’s future plans & India plans. He said that company is working on to setup two new manufacturing plants in India. They already had discussion with Foxconn for expansion of manufacturing plants in India.
Xiaomi launched their much awaited flagship the Xiaomi Mi5 at an event in Barcelona during MWC 2016. Soon the device was released in home ground China & it got huge success there. The company has already confirmed that they will be bringing Xiaomi Mi 5 in India in the next month which is April.
While talking about the price of Xiaomi Mi5 in India, he indicated that the device could be priced between Rs. 20000 to Rs. 27000 which is similar to China pricing. But he mentioned that the Mi 5 won’t be manufacturer in India at least initially.For initial sale, they will import the devices from China & later it will be also produced in India .
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5 :
- 5.15″ Full HD(1920×1080 pixels) display with curved glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor
- 3GB RAM / 32GB internal storage, 4GB RAM / 128GB internal storage
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, OIS, 4K video recording
- 4MP front camera with 2um pixel size
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25 mm
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi , Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0