Xiaomi, today, at an event in New Delhi announced the much awaited smartphone here in India- Redmi Note 4. The Redmi Note 4 builds on the likes of its earlier sibling, Redmi Note 3 and promises users to deliver a great experience across all the factors of a smartphone.
The Redmi Note 4 has been improvised a lot inside and out. You will get the Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa Core SoC which Xiaomi believes is the most power efficient when it comes to the technology (FinFET) it is built upon. It not only offers a really long battery life but offers a great gaming performance no matter what is thrown on it.
Xiaomi has also focussed on the camera performance in the Redmi Note 4 based on the feedback and user reviews received since it launched the Redmi Note 3, which was the deal breaker for many users and complained of its poor camera performance. However, Xiaomi took it with a positive feel and re-worked on the camera performance.
In the Redmi Note 4, there is a 13MP BSI CMOS sensor (Sony/Samsung) with phase detection auto focus and a slightly larger sensor which helps in capturing more light resulting in better shots with good colour accuracy.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specifications
- 2GB + 32GB (Snapdragon 625, octa-core 2.0GHz 2GB LPDDR3, 32GB eMMC 5.0 Flash, 4G dual SIM)
- 3GB+32GB( Snapdragon 625, octa-core 2.0GHz, 3GB LPDDR3, 32GB eMMC 5.0 Flash, 4G dual SIM)
- 4GB + 64GB(Snapdragon 625, octa-core 2.0GHz, 4GB LPDDR3, 64GB eMMC 5.0 Flash, 4G dual SIM)
- Up to 128GB expandable storage, applicable to all Redmi Note 4 variants.
- Dimensions: Height: 151mm, Width: 76mm, Thickness: 8.45mm
- Weight: 165g
- Battery: 4100mAh (typ) / 4000mAh (min) lithium-ion polymer battery (Non-removable, 5V/2A charging)
- Camera: 13MP CMOS camera (Backside illumination (BSI) technology, 1.12μm pixels, Ultra-fast 0.1s PDAF technology, f/2.0 aperture, 5-piece lens, 720p 120fps slow-motion video recording)
- 5MP front camera (f/2.0 aperture, Smart and Pro Beautify, Face recognition, 720p 120fps slow-motion video recording
- Display: 13.9cm (5.5) full HD display (1920 x 1080), 72% NTSC color gamut, Night display, Reading mode, Colour temperature adjustment
- Connectivity: Network bands: 4G FDD-LTE, TDD-LTEB3, B5 B403G WCDMAB1, B2, B5, B82G GSMB2, B3, B5, B8 4G dual SIM: 3-choose-2 hybrid SIM tray Nano-SIM + micro-SIM or Micro-SIM + micro SD card
Dual SIM use: When two SIM cards are used simultaneously, the primary SIM can support
4G+/ 4G / 3G / 2G calls and data while the secondary SIM can support 3G calls oniy.
- Bluetooth 4.1, Bluetooth HID, Wi-Fi, Display, Wi-Fi Direct802.11 a/b/g/n
- Sensors: Electronic compass, Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Infrared, Ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, Hall sensor
- GPS navigation: GPS, AGPS GLONASS, BeiDou positioning
- Multimedia support: MP4, M4V, MKV, XVID, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, MP3, AMR, FLAC, Supports H.265, H.264, H.263, MPEG4
- Package contents: Redmi Note 4 / Power adapter / USB 2.0 cable / Warranty card / User guide / SIM insertion tool
Pricing and availability
Xiaomi has launched the Redmi Note 4 in three different configurations for the Indian market.
- 2GB +32GB – Rs 9,999
- 3GB +32GB – Rs 10,999
- 4GB + 64GB, Rs.12,999
All three variants will go on sale at 12PM on 23, January, 2017.